Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas lunch

My firm's annual Christmas lunch came early this year. Our "virtual" assistant was scheduled to be in town the first week of December so the lunch was set for then too.

A few links about past Christmas lunches:
  • Last year we were at The Cheesecake Factory which happened to be 2 days before my birthday.
  • In 2009 we went to Fogo de Chao for dinner instead of lunch, but I can't find a post about it or pictures! I'll have to check with Jen because she went with me.
  • In searching for blog posts about where we've had our Christmas lunch I found this for 2008 but I don't have any pictures from that lunch nor do I have pictures of a post for 2007s lunch...not sure where it was at either!
So now for this years lunch...we went to Manny's Steakhouse. I've heard about Manny's almost since I started working for Box. Various vendors have taken the guys there, but I'd never had the chance to go...until now!

We started out with some bread and then appetizers: Maine Lobster Cakes and the Not-Dog. Here's a picture of the Not-Dog (the biggest slab of bacon you've ever seen covered with chili and put in a hot dog bun):




For the main course I had the Tenderloin Steak Salad (sorry no picture). The steak was delicious, but the dressing, LARGE onion and LARGE tomato were only so-so.

But...Boss1 also ordered "Sides to Share" - Manny's "Loaded" Hash Browns, Broccoli, and Mac N Cheese. The hash browns were the best - so yummy!! (again, sorry no pictures)

I did take a picture of my co-worker's "The Duke", which was a large hamburger topped with a steak! There was no picking this up with your hands!

  

Another co-worker chose the Surf and Turf Mini Burgers. Her mini-hamburger was not even as big as half of "The Duke"!

  

We were really too full to eat much after all the bread, appetizers, main course, and side dishes. But even after all of the yummy food, the best part was The Manny's Brownie (Boss1l had asked the waiter if one order of the brownie would give us each a bite):



Um, we got more like a slice, not just a bite! No other words are needed, the picture shows exactly how yummy it was.

In between all the food we had a nice time just hanging out. We're all usually so busy getting work done that we don't take time to just chit-chat.

I wonder where we'll go next year?!

No comments: