Tuesday, December 1, 2009

thanKful

"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
I Thessalonians 5:18
Singing with Thankfulness
This morning as I left for work, I was reminded to be thankful. Yes, I know we already had Thanksgiving, but my reminder to be thankful often comes when I get into my car. A friend of mine used to make up songs to sing for her K4/K5 classes and one of them was "Thank you, Lord for my _______" -- you fill in the blank. The song basically repeats several times and ends with "right where you are!" Anyway, this little song comes to mind regularly when I'm driving, so the first thing I usually fill in the blank with, is my car. And now you know :0)

Thank You, Lord for...

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the day approaching." Hebrews 10:25
A friend loves at all times...Proverbs 17:17a
  • My job #1 -- TheJob
  • My job #2 -- www.partylite.biz/bekahflaming
  • My home & neighbors -- Yeah, Virginia Ave N Girls!!
  • My extended family & my extended family twice removed -- yes, even my sister's crazy sister-in-laws in Cali--love their running commentary ;o)
  • My co-workers and fellow PL team members
  • Road trips when your brother-in-law drives all the way (except for 1 hour that your sister drove!)
  • Statuses
  • Thanksgiving dinners your sister cooks (and you "supervise")!
  • Big & little blessings each day
  • Water
  • Sprint to Sprint
  • Presents to give (and to get!)
  • Others who are "tankpull"
  • Second (& third, fourth, etc. ) chances
  • My birthday!
  • The letter "K"
  • Valentines
This is a great starter as a prayer list! I'm so needing to remember to pray for and thank God for those people and things He has put in my life!

What would you add?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! My Sprint to Sprint friend!!! I appreciate hearing your heart in your blog! Love ya, Sue Munyon :-)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog to read, dear Beklah. I am thankful for YOU!
~ Danna