Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Counting My Blessings Tonight

  1. Blender broke this morning, but after noting it on facebook, a friend offered to give me one they're not using.
  2. Since I moved in back in May I have had only two comfy chairs but no couch in my living room. My sister and her family are downsizing and offered to loan to me a lovely, leather love seat.
  3. A friend volunteered her time and truck to help get the said couch to my apartment from "canada". ("Why do you have a big tchwuck, Whiz?" :-D)
  4. Another sister and her dear husband volunteered to help unload the said love seat from the said truck.
  5. I had food in my house and was able to make a delicious meal for the friend with the truck and before mentioned sister and brother-in-law, albeit a little late for a weeknight supper...yeah, 8 o'clock....but it was yummy!
  6. With the moving of the couch, meal preparations and cleanup, I thought I wouldn't have time tonight to type songs lyrics for an upcoming ladies retreat at which I was deemed song leader. The ladies working on the program need the songs ASAP, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to get them all typed tonight. As I sat down to see how many I could pound out, I remembered to check online for the lyrics! I found almost all of them!! Yay!!

Just a few blessings reasons to praise the Lord tonight!

"I will sing unto the Lord because he hath dealt bountifully with me." -- Psalm 13:6

G'night! Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this post, & it made me refocus my heart. Thank you, Beklah -- I am so blessed to have you in my life.

beK said...

Right back atcha, D-dear!!

I just had to write a blog post b/c a facebook status just wouldn't cut it! :)

I shared this with my co-workers via email and this was one of their responses: "Praise to the ONE who knows our needs and meets them!!!!!"