Monday, November 25, 2013

{Fit Body Assessment}

After a quick weekend away at my parents I got home in time to change quick and dash to Fit Body for a 2pm workout. It was a smallish class but a good one. I'm always amazed at how fast the 30 minutes go by. Sometimes I look at the clock and see I'm about half-way done, but often I'll look at the clock thinking it will probably be half-way and it's more than half-way done! Like 5 or 10 min left! Crazy-fast!
 
After class I asked to do an assessment since it's been 4 weeks since I re-started and I'm half-way through the 8 week competition. I was pleasantly surprised to see a lower number on the scale than I had seen so far when weighing at the gym.
 
The loss showed up this way: -6.6lbs, -1.2% body fat, -4" (-.75" Shoulders, -2" Chest, -.5" Waist, -.75" Hips, -0" Thigh, -0" Arm). She gave me a $10 iTunes gift card, too!
 
My overall loss in the last 5 months looks like this: -27 lbs., -3.5% Body Fat, -17.75" (-4.75" Shoulders, -2" Chest, -3.25" Waist, -3" Hips, -3.25" Thigh, -1.5" Arm).
 
This is very exciting! I would love to reach my ultimate goal of 50 lbs. by the end of the year, but if I could hit -35lbs that would be a great accomplishment for the year!
 
Recently I reviewed some tracking cards from Weight Watchers from 2004-05 and I saw the lowest I ever got while on the program. I don't ever want to be a size 22 or 20 again so even while I'm still losing weight I feel like I need to assess how this is different than back then. What do I need to do to keep from seeing size 20 or 22 again?
  1. food tracking - healthy choices
  2. regular exercise - variety - running - fit body - videos - walking
These two things sound so simple. And maybe it is that simple.
 
Working out is a big part of my daily activities. I plan my day around when I can work out. I want to keep doing that! I even planned my Thanksgiving vacation around my workout schedule.
 
In addition to working out, planning my food intake is a huge part of my daily activities. I've learned a lot over the years about healthy food, but haven't always known how to apply it to me. I see that the tracking of what I eat isn't the sole answer, but planning for healthy options is tied in with it. Learning how to have a healthy balance (protein, fats, and carbs) was not easy for me until I found MyFitnessPal.
 
I in no way have it all figured out, but I feel like I have the right tools. MyFitnessPal, fitness blogs, and Fit Body are some of the best tools for me right now. (I'm kind of ignoring the fact that I only have 4 weeks left of Fit Body.)
 
I'm not really sure if any of this makes sense, but just had to get it out there. Thanks for reading :)

No comments: