Tuesday, September 24, 2013

{Inspiration}

It's been a while since I just wrote a blog post for the sake of blogging and not just updating or giving you the highlights. This one has been swirling around my head for a few weeks, so here goes...

 
There have been several people who have been inspirational to me during my journey of health and fitness and I wanted to take a few minutes to reflect on their influence in recent days.


Family - This summer we enjoyed many get-togethers thanks to my parents close proximity to the Cities. On several occasions our activity of the day was walking and exploring. Some of the places we visited were the Stone Arch Bridge, Centennial Lakes, Medicine Lake, and several miles of the Three Rivers Bike Trail.

Dad & Mom - Since your health scare last year, Mom, we've all been a little more conscious of our salt intake! Dad, this summer your 2-a-days were definitely inspirational. It was fun to walk several 5Ks with you!

Jen & Eric - Thanks for your part in my first 5K :)

Jess & Luke - Chasing around your littles always adds a little exercise for the day ;)

Meggie & Jake - I've appreciated your example of a determined, disciplined runner, Meg. Seems every week or so I hear about you running and I'm usually in awe. Oh, and Jake, your breathing-while-running advice goes through my head. Every. Time. I. Run.

Anna Grace - Thanks for getting me on a bike for the first time in a couple decades! It was tough, but I did it!


Friends - I've received much encouragement in person and through Facebook and MyFitnessPal. Some days this is what keeps me keeping on.

Alicia - Without you, I would not have had the successful Fit Body Boot Camp experience! I'm stronger because of you!

Monica - Your determination and spirit are always uplifting!

Beth - Thanks for all your encouraging comments!

Kimmy - Your statuses on running gave me a push that I needed!

Andrea - I can relate to the whole buying a workout DVD and not opening it right away. My first Jillian Michaels' DVD sat unopened for more than 6 months. I finally cracked it open the weekend before I started Fit Body Boot Camp. My only regret is not opening it sooner.

Shanna - You have a way with words! I hope you continue to write!

Danna - Your passion for research, health, fitness and more is something to strive for! Have you ever thought of being a fitness instructor?! or fitness blogger/author?


701Building People - Since my gym is AT work, occasionally I workout with other people from work. None of my immediate co-workers use the gym, but other advisors and staff do, so I've gotten to know a couple of them a little better that way.

AdvisorNet Advisor - Dean, you mentioned one time about running to the Stone Arch Bridge. When you explained how to get there, I'll be honest, I wasn't listening to your instructions because I thought, "I'll never run there!" I finally did it! Tonight I ran/walked there and back! If you hadn't put it in my head, I never would have thought to venture out as far downtown. This summer I've seen more of downtown Minneapolis than I have in the entire 6 years I've been working here.

701Building's Concierge Receptionist - Sarah, one day, after I had started fit body and hadn't been in the gym at work much, I stopped by your desk and we ended up chatting about why neither of us had been in the gym lately. When I told you about Fit Body, you ended up finding a Groupon deal for 20 sessions. I was several weeks into my 6 weeks and ended up there only a few times when you were. (Also, your prep for your wedding this week might have had something to do with it!) We often chat about what we learned at Fit Body and I've appreciated the company now back in the gym at work.

Lavonne - Your success with Weight Watchers was inspiring! I appreciate our chats about what works for you!

Kathy - I'm looking forward to our lunch walks we've planned for this fall.

Others - The hard part with this kind of post is that I probably left someone out. So this last section is a shout out to the many other people that have been inspiring to me along the way. I also read many blogs and maybe in another post I'll link to some of my favorites that have been especially encouraging or challenging to my health and fitness journey in the past few years.


I'm very happy to re-read this and see so many people in my life who have/are inspiring me to health and fitness. I feel like the list could go on and on!

I've prayed for a workout or walking buddy many times in the past several years and I believe God more than came through for me in all of you! I have much to be thankful for!




Who has inspired you lately?!

Oh my! I keep thinking of people to add to this list! Quick, I'm hitting publish before I think of anyone else!




No comments: