Sunday, March 4, 2012

{7 Things to Know}

And now for the post you and I have been waiting for all week...

7 Things to Know posted here each Sunday.
  1. I forgot to mention in last week's post that my mom scheduled 3 job interviews in 2 days! Last month I helped her revamp her resume to look hip and help show off her mad skills. I hope it pays off real soon!! I really like helping people with their resumes and wish I could some how turn that love into a money making opportunity...
  2. Busy week of work: productive project meeting, opening of accounts, calling clients to schedule appointments, calling clients to update them on their new accounts and transfers, generating forms, website updating (favorite!), scanning of daily work, etc., etc.
  3. "Snow, glorious snow!" - yeah, I'm not usually singing about snow this time of year here in MinneSNOWta, but this winter has been one for the record books for having the least amount of snow. So when I almost got a snow day on Leap Day, I was kind of excited! I say "almost" because I while I did have to come to work, it wasn't until 10:30 am. I got a text at 6:15am, but didn't see it until the phone call at 6:30 am which is right about the time I was thinking of getting up. If you know me at all, you know I jumped at the chance to go back to my warm, cozy bed!
  4. Yearly goals. Do you have them? For the second year in a row I've typed mine up and I track my progress monthly. I've been following a blog of someone who updates weekly on how what he did that week towards his goals. Well, I'm not that ambitious but reading that blog has helped me remember to check on my goals.
    • This week I learned about SMART Goals and I hope to incorporate these into my yearly goals: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Based.
  5. I did not schedule my annual appointments like I mentioned last week...FAIL! I did however reach my fitness goal of burning 400+ calories two times this week! SUCCESS!!
  6. A few blog posts I enjoyed this week:
  7. This week there are two more things to cross off the "theJob* Relocation 2011" project list: track lighting installed for the artwork from last week AND our etched glass logo arrived! You can see both in this picture:


"I am not young enough to know everything."
-Oscar Wilde

So you see! There's no end to the things you might know, depending how far beyond zebra you go.
-Dr. Suesse


*theJob = name changed to protect the innocent

No comments: