Sunday, January 29, 2012

{7 Things to Know}

As a way to hopefully increase my blogging, I'd like to start a new feature called 7 Things to Know. I plan to post this each Sunday. Good idea? I think so!!
  1. This week I was sick. I diagnosed myself with a sinus infection and then confirmed my diagnosis through virtuwell.com instead of going to the doctor. Virtuwell turned out to be a huge money and time saver. I really liked how easy it was! Now I'm on the mend with some antibiotics and feeling so much better!
  2. A friend is ghost writing for a few blogs. One of them is amazonkindlebooksforfree.com/, which I've really come to like. I don't have a Kindle, yet, but I'm enjoying the Kindle for PC feature for now.
  3. I'm still working on getting out of debt. Blog posts like this one from are helping to keep me focused. My current project is eliminating my student loan.
  4. Working out 3-4 times a week for the past few months has increased my ellipitcal trainer use from 20 to 45 min. The gym is on the 1st floor of my work building so I really have no excuse! I'm now trying to incorporate some core-strength training via a video at home. Hope to do the strength training 3 times per week. I like to keep track of my workouts at www.myfitnesspal.com.
  5. My brother turned 31 this week. In case you missed his birthday blog post or any family birthday from the past year, go here.
  6. My current work projects include event planning, workflow, website updates and establishing an email marking campaign. Online account access and e-delivery of statements and correspondence is becoming a key way to helping our clients more quickly and effeciently. Something fun that I got to work on this last week was creating a one-page piece that can be used in client meetings as talking points for the advisors to discuss email addresses and our website with the clients. Our website has not been very usuable until this past year and I know I'll be spending a lot more time on our website this year.
  7. Why did I pick 7 things? Maybe I'll have to adjust this feature in the future...ahhh...here's one: I finished my taxes this week! I know I have it pretty easy so it doesn't take me long for which I'm very thankful!
Well, that's it for this week's installment of 7 Things to Know. I'm already looking forward to next week's post!

Oh, and here's a bonus #8 - I read this devotional this week on comparing what is good with what is easy. This was the theme verse:

Micah 6:8

He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?

No comments: