Sunday, May 29, 2011

{conversations with littles}

How Long is Long?

Carsten and I were driving in the car. I told him I was growing my hair out.
Me: Should I keep growing my hair long?
Carsten (age 5): Yes.
Me: How long should I grow it?
Carsten: About 9 days.
Me: 9 days?
Carsten: Yeah, in 9 days it will be really long!

Oh, Bummer!

Ethan (age 3) and I were walking into a Bruegger's Bagel shop and noticed a dog with his owner by some outdoor tables. On our way out...
Ethan (age 3): Where'd the dog go?
Me: Oh, bummer, I guess the dog went home!
Ethan: Bunner, the dog all gone!
Me: Bummer?
Ethan: Yeah, I said, "Bunner, dog all gone!"

Truth vs Fiction

I almost forgot this one but remembered during church - you'll see why...

I was trying to explain to Carsten the plot of the play Arsenic and Old Lace. Let me tell you, it was hard. How do you tell a 5 year old that two old ladies who were crazy were killing lonely old men, because they could - ?

We discussed if the poison was real and I was able to say that, "No, for the play it was pretend." I also explained that the whole play was not true. "It was fiction - like a story you would read in a book."

To that he said, "But the Bible is all true. It is true because it's God's Holy Word."

No comments: