Sunday, November 14, 2010

giving thanks - a little inspiration

Being home sick isn't always fun. So today in between my cups of hot tea & honey, rest, and what seems like gallons of Airborne or Emergen-C, I was inspired by a craft. Now I'm not generally a crafty person, but I do subscribe to a few blogs that contain a little crafty work and a lot of creativity.

Probably at the end of September I pulled out my box of fall decor and put out what I wanted to use this year. I didn't go overboard (not that I ever do)--just a few candles, a wreath, and a "welcome home" door decoration. I thought that was good enough.

Then I read this blog post today and also had a little time on my hands. You can read here more detailed instructions from the blog that inspired my "Give Thanks" banner. My simple version is this: use 4 kinds of decorated 8 1/2 x 11 paper cut into 4ths, print 3" white, outlined letters, color letters with marker, and arrange paper order before applying letters with a glue stick. Punch two holes at the top and string ribbon through. Seems easy, right? It was.

What inspires you?

No comments: