Tuesday, October 5, 2010


I receive a couple of email devotionals each day. I've flagged some in my Inbox to re-read so I thought I'd make a list of some of them here:

biting my tongue

The entire chapter of Romans 12 has challenging things to learn. The main focus of this devotional was vs 14-15, but I recommend you read the whole chapter! 


Romans 12:14
Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.
 
 
 
good enough
 
Philippians 3:8-11 talks about "...what are you depending today for being at peace with God, yourself, and others?" Read the encouraging words.
 
 
 
trusting God
 
I'm always encouraged by Jeremiah's example written about here. But it's God's response that I like best in this passage:
 
Jeremiah 15:19
This is how the LORD responds:
If you return to me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve me.
If you speak good words rather than worthless ones, you will be my spokesman.
You must influence them; do not let them influence you! 

 
 
sometimes I feel so overlooked
 
The writer of this devotional used examples from David’s life, but she also could have used Joseph’s life to emphasis her main point: Overlooked by everyone else. Handpicked by God. 


Psalm 28:7a
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.
 
2 Samuel 7:22
How great you are, O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you,
and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.
 

No comments: