Friday, July 10, 2009

Bekah's Bright New Venture

Hey, there family & friends!

Just wanted to share with you what I'm up to these days!

I just completed my 2nd year here at theJob* in downtown Minneapolis and still love the challenge of the job and the fact that I live near 2 out of 3 sisters, plus my niece and nephews. Oh, and of course the 2 B-I-L's (brother-in-laws).

Due to the economy, my job (and maybe yours?) was affected by a reduction of both pay and hours beginning April 1st. To offset the financial reduction and keep up with my previously set goals, I applied for a few local part-time jobs when I found out in March, but had no success. Around that time I received an invite to a PartyLite show with a friend from church. I had already been tossing around the idea of selling Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, or something similar so I decided to go the party to find out about selling PartyLite.

So the party was fun, I liked the products I saw, and then I found out that it would cost me NOTHING to start selling. I had been sure that the starter kit would cost something, but was glad to learn that the I could receive $500 in product for hosting a starter show ($350 kit plus $150 in product credit).

It really was easy. I invited all the (local) people I could think of (60!!) and had an average turn out (13!). I reached the sales goal ($350) with the starter show orders and earned my starter kit for FREE.

With all the people I had invited to my starter show who couldn't make it and with orders from people at work, I was able to "host" another show just through catalog orders! This helped me out a lot b/c they ask that you have 6 shows in your first 2 months. Now I've booked the remaining 5 shows and can't wait to show people all the candle stuff I got for FREE!

Last Tuesday I went to my first PartyLite team meeting and got more free candles and PL logo stuff! I had fun while learning a lot! Somethings I learned and want to share...
  • Now you can SHOP ONLINE - Even send gifts!!!

  • $$$$ Do you know of an organization looking for a profitable FUNDRAISER? How about 50%? That's right, 50% PROFIT - with NO sorting! Product is shipped to EACH seller!! Check it out!

  • July Hostess Benefits (lots of product for little money!)

  • July Guest Specials (must order through hostess or me-not online)

  • NEW! - Wedding and Special Occasion Brochure! You can earn the decorations for your special event for free! Skimp on budget without skimping on style!

  • See the PartyLite Catalog: click here!

  • Opportunity! Go to: www.partylite.biz/bekahflaming

Thanks for reading my updates! Hopefully I'll be able to post a story about my first month of success at the end of July!

May God be gracious to you and bless you and make his face to shine upon you. Ps 67:1

~ beKah ~


*theJob = name change to protect the innocent

No comments: