Wednesday, February 26, 2014

{What's Happening.} Not Much

I set the timer for 30 minutes. 30 minutes to write whatever. This is what you get. Enjoy!

Daily Work

Work was not busy the last couple of days. Wow. I haven't said that in a while. Don't get me wrong; I had stuff to do. It just wasn't crazy or anything. I was actually bored a bit. Boring days have been rare days at this job.

I did make progress on a large mailing that was 2 pages and going out to about 240 people: printing the letter, printing the envelopes, and collating & stuffing the envelopes. Sometimes all this printing can really get the best of me, but thankfully this event was mostly drama-free with only a few jams and only minor cursing - j/k, Mom! :-) 

This mailing is a result of a database cleanse and it has taken several months, maybe years, to get to this point. The list of clients was scrutinized by many people in our firm and generally the clients have either small accounts or just life insurance policies with us (and no potential business in the future). An advisor within our group was selected to take over the servicing of these accounts and policies. 

Giving away these clients will enable us to focus more of our energies and resources on our paying customers. We often spend a lot of time servicing these give-away clients, and it takes away time we could be spending on the paying clients. With the firm growing the way it has over the past few years, this was inevitable.

There are several steps in this client give-away process, but for now the letter is printed and ready to mail. These other steps will probably have to get done in the midst of crazy, because these quiet days won't last: spring is coming!

Workout, Schmirkout

Yesterday I determined to workout, but was very close to talking myself out of it when I got home. I was cold. The bus had been late. I was cold. I just wasn't up to popping in a video. I hadn't worked out in a couple of weeks, why start tonight? I don't feel like it. I was cold. The excuses were piling up even if some were redundant or illogical. I was cold.

So to ignore my excuses I tried something new. I found a site, www.7-min.com, that was too easy to pass up. It's 12 exercises that you do for 30 seconds each with a 10 second rest in between. 

You can do it as many times as you want. I got through 1 1/2 times before I quit. I'm giving myself a B- for the day - mostly because I'm a twinge sore - a good sore, I think!!

Today I will do more. I will do better. It's time to kick winter in the butt. It's been dragging me down for the past few weeks and I'm done. Winter, be gone! Goodbye! ...I'm figuring the only way I will get out of this funk is to give myself a kick! Let's do this!! https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

What are you doing to say goodbye to Winter, even though he won't leave?

No comments: