Thursday, October 24, 2013

{Deo Cantamus} Concert


I had the privilege of singing again with the Deo Cantamus chorus this past Saturday. We spent about three Saturdays and two Friday evenings rehearsing for the concert. The majority of the time we worked on a piece by Bach call "Magnificat". I think it's the most challenging piece I've ever done, and I think you'll enjoy the excerpts that are on YouTube.

Here are a few of the pieces that we did for the concert:




A part of this concert was the debut of some new arrangements of very old or unfamiliar hymns by a local composer, Josh Bauder. Josh attends my church and has a real gift. You should definitely check out his work (available on iTunes):

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/grace-alone-music-by-josh/id7170662164

 
Oh, and some pictures from the concert are available here.


No comments: