Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I had a neat answer to prayer today!

"...pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
James 5:16

Last night as I got home I discovered my keys to my apt/mail box/work were missing. They’re on a separate ring from my car keys, plus I had my sister’s house keys still attached to my car keys (they’re in California for the week). I figured my keys dropped off between the time I got out of my car at the park & ride that morning and when I got on the bus. I was late getting home (as I had ran two errands on my way home) so I didn’t want to go back to the park & ride that night when I wasn’t really sure what happened. I looked around my parking spot at the apartment and then went to my sister’s to get my second set of keys. Thankfully I didn’t lose their keys too!

I let one of the girls (Lindsay) in my apartment building know that my keys were lost. At this point I wasn’t sure if my sister had keys to my building or just my apartment. I got to my sisters’ and found both keys! I remembered later that I had to ask my landlord for an additional key to the building when I first moved in. I forgot that I actually got the key! Yay for planning ahead! So then I went home and let the apartment girls (Lindsay & Elizabeth) know I got in and ask them to be on the lookout for my keys. They offered me pizza and said they would be praying! I was very thankful for the pizza!

This morning as I drove to the park & ride I prayed the whole way. I drove to the area in which I normally park and as I searched for a spot I looked around for my keys too. I then parked and started my serious search. I didn’t remember exactly which spot I had parked in, and wasn’t sure how my keys would still be there if that’s where I had dropped them. But to my surprise, I soon spotted a shining lump on the ground; it was just next to an SUV and right where they must have dropped from my key ring yesterday morning. I was so shocked I just calmly walked over and picked them up. I stared at them in my hand as I walked to the enclosed waiting area of the bus stop. With reality sinking in and excitement brewing, I decided to text Lindsay to let her know the good news and thank her for praying!

Another lady waiting for the bus asked me what time the next bus came. I told her and then shared my good news. She said, "Someone must be looking out for you!" I told her I was thanking my friend for praying for me [via text]! I hope she understood that I was giving God the credit!!

*************
This verse was in my email inbox this morning (I subscribe to a daily email devotional) and I wanted to share it too:
"But for those who are righteous, the way is not steep and rough. You are a God who does what is right, and you smooth out the path ahead of them. LORD, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws; our heart's desire is to glorify your name."
Isaiah 26:7–8

1 comment:

Tao's Truth said...

Thank you for sharing that. I am blessed to hear God's kindness.