Tuesday, September 30, 2008

what's cookin': hearty [7]-can chili

Today feels like fall so why not make a batch of chili? This is a large amount for a 2-person house, so some of it will end up in the freezer for another fall day, yeah!

The original recipe, Hearty Six-Can Chili, is from Pampered Chef (when I bought their smooth edge can opener). I always change how many cans and what's in the cans, but here's what I put in the crock pot today:

2 cans of Roast Beef from Trader Joe's*
2 cans chili beans in sauce, undrained
2 cans crushed tomatoes
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 teaspoon chili powder

Cook in crockpot all day. Serve with shredded cheese & oyster crackers.



*I recently discovered canned beef from my dear friend, Danna. Thanks, D-dear, it's a nice little time saver! Oh, and by the way, I want to post your beef, potato, & carrot dish sometime if that's ok...but I have to try it out with the coconut oil first. My first attempt was without the coconut oil and while it was good, it wasn't quite the same as yours! :)

3 comments:

Heard by God said...

Hey! Cool!!! I chuckled a merry little chuckle :o)

Don't forget, I use an obscene amount of garlic powder!

beK said...

Good to know! I think I wasn't watching you when you did the seasoning :)

Brandi said...

I'm SO not the cook in the house, but this sounds easy enough that even I could do this!