Tuesday, July 22, 2008

i know an almost famous hairstylist

I've never called a radio station before or paid much attention to the announcers since I usually have it in the background at work. Today at work I happened to hear the announcer (Lisa Barry) ask for help finding a new hairstylist. She went for a bit about not knowing what to do with her hair and I didn't think much about it. Then, maybe because hair is heavy on my mind (pun intended:) and we've all been getting our hair cut and colored in preparation for The Wedding, I thought, I know a hairstylist!

I submitted the following email to KTIS:
Bekah Flaming to feedback@ktis.org
7/22/2008 12:35 PM

The radio announcer [I didn't know her name at the time] who's looking for a hairstylist should go to MarcDaniel Salon (http://www.marcdanielsalon.com/index.htm) in Maple Grove and ask for Megan Stucky. She cuts hair for me, my two sisters, my mom, my sister-in-law, her sister and mom, and many, many more people that I know. She does a great job. She's even doing the bridal party's hair for my brother's wedding this Saturday, July 26th. My sister's met Megan through our church when she was first learning and they have been going to her for several years now. I moved to Mpls last year and have been going to her ever since. I've loved each haircut! and love going for a free "bang trim" in between haircuts.

--
beKah flaMing
4151 Boone Ave N #201
New Hope, MN 55427
763-464-1475


"Sooooo..." you're thinking...

Well, we were just finishing up dinner tonight when Meg got a phone call. We heard her say "Joe Mauer?" but didn't know who had called her. Turns out the caller was Megan, our hairstylist, and she had asked Meg, "Do you know whose hair I cut today?" I never thought my email it would get such immediate results! (And my dad is still trying to figure out what Joe Mauer has to do with a hair cut! :)

1 comment:

Heard by God said...

Hah!! That is such a great story, I love it!