Wednesday, April 9, 2008

i know latin...

...well, I sang Latin, anyway.

I'm part of a group called Deo Cantamus. We've had two concerts since I joined the group last fall. Our first concert was a collection of sacred songs--not all that well known to me, but gave me a good challenge, something to work on.

Let me tell you, singing Latin was a lot easier than I thought it would be. We had three 3 1/2 hour practices and one 2 hour practice, and wah-la, a concert. Pretty amazing, if you ask me. After the first two practices, I was very skeptical of my foreign language abilities, especially while singing. But after the 2nd to last practice, it seemed to gel. I felt a lot better about getting up in front of 100+ strangers and singing like a "professional". :)

This is the rehearsal recording we used for practicing on our own; it's not actually us singing. I'm not sure if I'll be able to figure out how to post that:

1 comment:

Heard by God said...

That is beautiful, Beklah! It reminds me of John Rutter, & I love his work.