Thursday, March 20, 2014

{Throw Back Thursday} Island Style

I found this letter to family and friends in my files and thought I would share on my blog. Remember while reading this that I was only 25, I had been living on Guam for almost three years, and it was pre-Facebook!



Date: Tue, 01 May 2001

Subject: PAIN and Blessings            

Hi!

The subject is PAIN because for the last three days I've been in terrible pain.  Sunday morning I was getting ready for church and went to pick up a shoe from the closet...You remember the commercial "I've fallen and I can't get up!"  I can now relate!  As I went for the shoe, I was suddenly in great pain, and I then I was on the floor.  Not sure what to do, and kind of scared, I somehow got to my bed.  Realizing my deadbolt was locked (and knowing my friends only had a key to the doorknob), I got up, slowly, of course, and practically crawled to the door, then I got the phone, some ibuprofen, and somehow managed to get back to my bed.

I tried to reach someone by phone, but, of course, everyone was at church by then.  Cristin and Brenda eventually called, 2 1/2 hours later, and took me to the doctor.  Well, they took me to the waiting room where I waited for 2 more hours.  The doctor gave me plenty of drugs and I went home to sleep.

I took Monday off and went to the chiropractor, twice.  Today I'm back at work, but still in a lot of pain.  I've already been into the chiropractor this morning and am headed there again this afternoon.  The chiropractor said my hip is out of place and my spine is crooked.  I'll be going in for treatments a couple of times a week for a while.

Funny thing is that Charle', my coworker woke up this morning in pain, as well.  She's headed to the chiropractor right now.  We're really messed up here.

The blessing in all of this is that going to the chiropractor is free!  Dr. Miller is a Christian and gives free treatments to those is full time Christian work/missionaries.  I'm so thankful!!  The regular doctor only cost me $4 with my insurance, and the pain/spasm medicine was $6.

Hopefully I'll be healed by the end of this week!

BEKAH


No comments: