Tuesday, June 10, 2008

i know insurance

Some may know that I have been taking classes to get my insurance license, but did you know that I also took an intro to insurance class about 7 years ago? It's hard to believe but I began my career in the insurance world even longer ago than that! One of my summer temp jobs during college was working for an insurance company. I don't remember the name of the company now (1995 was a long time ago!), but it was a local agency in Garden City, KS that had doubled in size in the previous 2 years. At the time I seriously considered dropping out of college to work for them. It seems that I've come full cirle now: I passed my test this morning! I can now get a MN insurance license.

My current employer paid for the classes and license as part of my job goals for 2008. Furthering my education is one thing that I appreciate about my job.

No comments: